Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome to the world, Marvin!

I have been waiting for this day! I finally got to meet little Marvin. I've developed a friendship with Marvin's mom, Joanna, for the last two years. I met her in February 2008 at a medical clinic in the Hole, when her oldest daughter was less than a year old. There was just something about her that I loved.

Photobucket
Us at a different medical clinic, June 2008, after Darolin was born

Joanna was 12 when she "married" her husband Melvin. They waited five years until she was 17 to start having kids. Now... three years later, they welcomed their third child :)

Photobucket
seriously, look at his little hand

Marvin was born at 29 weeks gestation on August 28th. 2 lbs 9 oz. 13 inches long. crazy. He stayed in the hospital for about two weeks and came home a few days ago. Little miracle baby. I was terrified to hold him because he was still so tiny almost three weeks after being born, but of course, the proud mama insisted. She also let me know that her and Melvin talked about it and I am his Godmother. I was so excited. What an honor.

Just a little proof that God shows us the beauty of life even in a place like The Hole.


Photobucket
Arolin and Darolin, the new big sisters

Photobucket
proud mama

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture and blokgi is a nice read and considered. I like it very much. Come take a look Teuvo images www.ttvehkalahti.blogspot.com blog and tell your friends should Teuvo pictures blog. Please leave a comment there. Have a nice autumn to you. Teuvo Vehkalahti Suomi Finland

    ReplyDelete