Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wendoli's Quinceanera

I could not believe it when I found out Wendoli was having her Quinceanera party. I've known her since she was 10!!! Although the word quinceanera probably doesn't mean much to the average American, to a Dominican it is a BIG deal. When a girl turns fifteen it is equivalent to your sweet sixteen in America. There are elaborate dresses and tiaras, lots of friends and family and a very big party. I wanted to do something special for Wendoli. Something besides a gift. Mike and I are pretty close to her family and I knew one thing would be sufficient for Wendoli's big day. A photoshoot! What fifteen-year-old girl doesn't LOVE a photoshoot in a beautiful dress. So we headed for a nearby park and clicked away. It was so much fun. And her mom was just in awe at the fact that her baby girl was now a woman. I'm sure in 14 years, I'll feel exactly the same way :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment