Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Photo of the Week-8/2-8/9

Photobucket

My love for The Hole has grown deeper this summer than I ever thought possible. I see it in such a different light. I see it as a place that has hope and redemption. I see it as a place of growth and possibility. But I also know, deep under the surface, that it is Satan's playground. He does not want to lose the battle there.

Because my love for The Hole has deepened, so has my love deepened for those who partner with the ministry in The Hole. To know that these people are backing Felix, bringing him support and encouragement, and edifying his work there...man, its priceless.

Felix's job is not an easy one. I've seen him discouraged and feeling alone. I've seen his eyes look distant. I've seen him worried. But there is something that happens to him, as it happens with all of us, when people are there to love and encourage him and his people. Hope comes. Life comes back. Passion returns.

As we were watching The Ridge's video on their last night here, Felix said something that will stick with me, I hope, forever. He said, "Seeing these photos, the kids in this light, the people loving them, stirs something in me. It reminds me that I am still, after all this time, sensitive toward them."

It reminded me, too, that even though sometimes I look at my job as just taking photos, that it is not just that. That it is my opportunity to stir hearts. To remind people of their passion. To edify those who are working hard for God's kingdom. An opportunity I should never take lightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment